Saturday, July 08, 2006

ahhhh. ... the pain..

Being stood up is such sweet sorrow. On one hand someone you care about disssapoints you. Maybe they tap into a distant memory of a bad paren after a divorce. on theother hand wehn you go out thst night to forget. You stare at every thing with two legs and feel no guilt. Tonight. I had two amazing incidents with people that reaffirmed both my drunkeness and my love of humanity after someone I counte don stood me up and broke my heart. So this night's crush of the wek is aboutthem.

I was checking my messages and there was one that I haven't chekced in 100 days so it came back up. It was a guy who randomly dropped by my house and participated in a late night drink. His name was Josh and he left his silly punk rock denim jacket at my place.

I wrote down the number fromthe message and calle dhim out of the blue. I think it was actually at least 2000 days after the incident.

he answered.

Hey. Who is this.
jeffrey. I am friends with your friend Alex Rose.
Oh, hi.
i have your jacket still. I just came upon a veryold message and I wanted to make another attempt to reurn it to you.
Oh that is nice. But I moved to New Mexico.
Fuck!
Yeah I had to leave.
Hmmm. then I guess it is a little late...why did you leave?
My family is here and I needed to get away.
-could tell from his voice that he had broken up with his long term girlfriend and that she stayed in Seattle.-
Really I am sorry but glad for you. I am sure it is for the best right now.
I was drinking so much because my only friend was my ex and she was dating an asshole and woudl come ove a lot and cry on my shoulder about how mean he was. it was killing me.
Fuck that!
yeha It was drving me to drink myself to death.
Good reason.
So i went home I will be back in October. Can I call you when I get there? You know as a friend?
Josh, you ar enow my firend. You can call me fromNew Mexivco if you need to talk. We are bound by the story you just told me. My heart is broken for you.
Cool. Also will you mail me the jakcet.
Of course.

So that was areaffirming conversation with a person I have only met once or twice.

Secondly I bought a drink tonight for a girl who sat at the counter drinking and crying because she just broke up with her boyfriend. After a bit of mental debate. I walked over. Gave her a hug and told her that the next dirnk was on me. And that I wante dher to know thatWe out here in the rest of the world realize that she is in pain. And that she is not alone.

We can all use that recongnition sometimes.

on to the crushes.
I adore the whole staff of the bus stop to death!

i am weighing my crush options on a girl from Rhode Island. She is quite adorable.

James and I sat outside of Bauhaus today.
Fucking amazing. I counted no less then ten girls that walked by and made of stop talking. Holy shit!

You girl in the fashionable "V" stripe design. I love you and would have happily followed you up the hill like a puppy dog if there weren't these silly social policies to uphold. And well... I love you "V"s.

Also the girl outside Specialties yesterday who caused me to to do a real live actual double take. My friends could not stop laughing at me.

Sleep now. I will see you all in my dreams. PG of course.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home