Thursday, July 13, 2006

Issue 2.11

I thought I understood love desire and all of that. I thought I could wrap this tiny mind around the complexities of sex and complex rhyming scemes. But last night I learned that I am but a child in a land of adults. Adults like R. Kelley. YOu know, R. Kelly. the "I believe I can fly" guy. Well at one point in the not to distant past wrote a hipopera titles " Trapped in the Closet" Last night I went to a staged reading of this theatrical feat. And well.... I have not laughed so hard in my life. R Kelly is three of the characters in this play. the narrator, The main man, and R. Kelly himself reading commentary about his own play(Which was the jewel in this crown of turds.)

This guy is getting together with a woman who has a huband who is having an affiar with nother man. The first guy then finds out his wife is having an affair with the cop who pulled him over on the way home.

the cop finds out his wife is having an affair with and incontenant midget named Big Man for the size fo this endowment.

If this play did not teach me everythign I need to know about life and love and cheating on people, then I do not know what will.

Later was the Pleasurecraft CD release. My firend invited a super awesome lady qwho is a scientist(grrr...) to the event. She was awesome and we talked for a bit and hung out. So there is definitely a crush forming there.

Plus the room was packed with retro goth scenesters. I adore this fashion for some reaosn. So I just absorbed all of the black white and red that dotted the audience.

Crush form the past.

She was the daughter of a client at our office. And was the most adorable thing I had seen in a while. She had exquisite taste and was starting a business selling pinup art patterned sheet in the 300 thread count range. She always brought me pirate pillow cases. Ah. the quickest way to my heart is through pirate accessories.

She used to come over for guitar lessons, but when she would come over we would just end up sitting around and drinking whiskey. The guitar lessons never really went anywhere. But it was a lot of fun and I was usually just happy to hang out with such a fiesty lady. So here is the SG! The older lady who will always have my fondness!

I am nursing a bit of a bruised ego as I learn how to deal with the concept of dating. The concept that you can get together with someone who is not the "one", have some fun and then move on to something else when the shelflife o that relationship ends. I am not sure if I am not wired that way or what. Anyways, let's just say that convincing yourself that you are adult enough to accept short term relationshipos for fun and sex, when you really can't is not fun. It is like riding a roller coaster where the bar isn't loose enough to let to fall out and die. Instyead You are stuck in the cart trhashing around in a way that you own weight is your enemy. YOur legs are all bruised up from the safety bar and instead of screaming fear, you scream in pain. It kind of feels like that. Let's just says for a man of man stature I have ridden a lot of roller coaster in pain. But I love them so I always come back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home