Tuesday, May 01, 2007

You stole my baby, love, handheld devices...

While walking home from a late evening out, i saw my van drive by. Dented just like mine is dented. And I felt my heart sink. And then I felt a sense of apathy. But now that I think about this van and the history I have had with it, I feel slightly ashamed to admit how little I cared. The lady in question is a 1995 Chevy Astrovan named Princess Fluffernutter. She has been intimately intertwined with the whirlwind that has been the last 4 years of my life. I bought her initially to get me to and from taking care of my mother who was dying of a brian tumor and Stage 4 Melanoma. Every weekend for a year and a half I drove up and down the I-5 corridor from Seattle to Vancouver, Washington to do my part in 24-hour family hospice care.

P.F. has delivered my band and The Graze from gig to gig up and down the I-5 corridor during this time as well. Thus she gently nurtures my artisitic appetite and provides the logisitcs for everry musical performance I am involved with.

Plus I lost my virginity is her back seat.... Just kidding. But that would have been special too I think.

As I walked home I took special trip down Melrose. I walked to where I had parked her a week before. And low and behold she was there. I will never take you for granted again fluffernutter.

A good It seems like a tumultuous time for love. Divorces, seperations break ups are par for the course this month amonst some of the people I care most about. But love is in the air as well. New friendships and relationships seem to be popping up as frequently. I am just not sure I have the intestinal fortitude for the roller coaster ride. I leave all of this ambiguous for now. It just seems easier that way.

i am sad to say I have nothing to say about handheld devices. I just like the title.
Maybe this. My cell phone is really old! and I have no idea who is texting me cause it doesn't show names. The screen is green and black and I think there might have been more technology behind the first version of asteroids. not that i am complaining, but from time to time it has gotten me in trouble. Santa, baby.... Easter Bunny? Tooth Fairy? Hanky the Christmas pooh? Somebody rescue me from my antique handheld device.

1 Comments:

Blogger manic hispanic said...

i am relieved that fluffernutter is still with us.
she makes the world a better place. ...

7:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home