Friday, July 14, 2006

Issue Five-Niner

Well,

I have been at work today pondering two very different angle on crushes. but all of that thouhght was swallowed up in a project I have been working on. For my day job, I create exhibit boards for lawyers to use in court cases. Right now I am blowing up pictures of a woman with a black eye. It is a simple picture, but it tell so many stories that I am both enraged and in tears looking at it. Then there is the peace on this woman's face. Peace, calm, shame, anger but mostly just a deeep fushia/purple bruise and laceration accross her right eye. each broken vessel proof of a horrile night. Or was it a day. How long ago was it? Is the other person in jail now?Did she fight back? Was this the first time? Does she still love them? How much strength did it take to finally call the police? Am I creating this board in her defense? God, I hope so.

Jeffrey

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was not 'peace' or 'shame' it was *resignation*...

9:33 PM  
Blogger plokmatic said...

hmmm... I think that is a much better word.

7:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home