Tuesday, October 30, 2007

32, Alan Alda

Today I logged into KUOW internet radio and to my suyprise I heard what I thought was a familiar voice. I could have sworn it was Alan Alda. And I suddenly got a warm feeling in my gut. As he told about the horrors in overseas news, I felt happy. And when the corresponent chimed off I imagined he said :This is Hawkeye, for NPR News." I am sure the name they gave this guy was not the correct one.

Saturday I turn 32. And I looking forward to a lovely evening. I will be surrounded by good friends and I will be shaking a tailfeather all night long. It should be fun.

I have been listening to enironmental scientist after environmental scientist lately. And their reports are more than enough to inpire an earth-sized form of suicide lust. There were some positives. The new economy of the next decade will be the transistion of all energy sources. The Compressed air car. "Hot Rocks" in Australia. Well. I will hold off slitting my wrists and continue to drive less and recycle. And hope tha tin the next twenty years this world does something to reverse the trend. It might be too late. We might be on our way to living on a hostile planet. Or we might actually live up to our potential.

Heart,
Jeffrey

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home