Monday, April 16, 2007

Pantslessness....

This last week and a half since I has returned from England have been a whirlwind. I got news from the opera. And right now I am holding a contract and schedule for the Summer production of The Flying Dutchman. Wow. i really had no idea my life would turn back this direction. seriously. i am a little bit in shock. I high school I was in every play and every musical. And when I went to college they had no music. I studied voice of the side with my favoritie opera couple Bill and Joan Winden in Olympia. They prepared me for tyrouts to get into another schoool where I was accepted. But because of love and because I could not afford the tuition and partially because I loved Evergreen, I abstained. I kept studying voice and finally I audition for graduate work. I tryed out at UW and San Fransisco State University. Neither showed any interest. So I gave up and moved into pop music where I ahev been happily ever since. And now through my debaucherous karoake lifestyle I have been given another opportuinity to sing classical music. So I will sign the contract and do what I meant to do originally. We shall see how it goes.

Until then I will try and survive this year's festival. Things are truly ramping up. All the bands are signed up and I have found fabulous designers for every poster. And if I can keep my head screwed on for the next two months I think we will raise a lot of money for this year's charity.

I went on a blind datish/meeting thing which was set up in Cambridge via Satnam. She was quite nice.

I played trumpet in a country band.

I went roller skating.

Met a psycho 50 year old man whose primary mission in life was to roller skate in all 50 states. he is getting there in a corvette.

Had drinks in the most beautifully strip mall italian joint with a woman serving us who had boufant hair that stood 6 inches off her head. Lovely.

Then to party. Where I continued the whiskey and dancing. And had dangerous conversation.
My heart was beating fast. It beats fast now thinking about it.

Mouth is shut. Eyes are open. Action.

1 Comments:

Blogger manic hispanic said...

you went roller skating? sounds like your are living a romantic adventure.
have i mentioned that i miss you when i'm not around?

5:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home