Monday, February 19, 2007

Renewed old love?

There was an interest I had 10 years ago. Or at least something I thought I loved. Sometimes I wonder if it was more an obsession. Her name was Opera. I used to study for four or fove years on and off. I tried out for a couple of schools and found not interest so I gave up. Recently I was singing karaoke in a International Distract bar when a woman questioned me about my voice and trainning. Next thing I know I had a business card with the word "Seattle opera" inscribed on it in my hand. Since then I have had a private audition which went super well and I am signed up gto formerly audtion for the Seattle opera Chorus on March 10th. the Chorusmaster told me my voice was a gift and that I should not waste it. So herein lies my dilemna. I enjoy music in several aspect right now. I play in sevceeral band. I write my own songs. I play accordian and saxophone and trumpet and a host of other instruments as I need to to get one project or another completed. And it is fun. When I get involved in opera, it is different in a good and bad way. I become obsessed with perfect and cannot think of much else. It is the death of my innocent crush and the birth of a long obsessive commitment.

PS: I lost my digital Camera during a brief excusion to the same ID karoke district. i have been pining for it ever since. I am heading out on vacation soon and I have no way of recording it. I hate you stupid durnk karaoke Jeff. you have betrayed me!

Jeffrey

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jeff....I love reading your blog but you don't have an email. Please please please I need more!! Don't neglect it. I keep checking and no new posts. I know you are probably busy becoming and opera star, but don't neglect the little people who have to live vicariously through you. You are so romantic and fun, I love your writing style. Where have you gone?????

4:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home