Saturday, December 23, 2006

slow dancing...

Lately I have been obsessed with slow dancing. And for some reason random opportunities keep coming up. My first slow dance in middle School was was a girl half my heigth named Becky. In the Cafeteria to some horrible early eighties ballad. It was uncomfortable but it felt good to be something more than a wallflower at a dance. I must have been 10 or 11 years old.

There were many such subsequent situation of not real dancing until i slow danced to "Take My Breath Away" with Tracy Lopez in ricky kobyashi's basement durinng the last year in middle school. i fell in love with that girl because it didn't feel forced and it felt like my true first slow dance. I still well up a bit during that song. SInce the I have gained confidence and I am a much better dancer. I can even lead. so I take every opportunity when I slwo dance song comes on to grab the closest person who will not be offended and dance with the. And to my surpise people have been taking to it shockingly well. during my last slowdance the girl even put her head on my shoulder.It was veryendearing. And now I see that there is unending amount of people who also need to slowdance for fun and therapy. Another intereting incident was this: Me and a friend slow dancingnone style with 1 foot between. For some reason that space and structure made it all the more appropriate. And I quite enjoyed myself.

Well this one turne dout to be a ramble. But I do recommend that during the next slow song that moves you, you grab the closest person pull them close and revisit the experience.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home