Tuesday, September 05, 2006

A crush can be dangerous...

I love my neighborhood bar. It is adroable and filled with people I care about. But a while back I was warned by a friend about the dangers of having a crush on a liquor distributing compratriot. So I cut back on my weekly visit to a watering hole filled with other mammals I dealry adore. Cause we all partake of the water too much.

I have a wonderful crowd of folks making music around me in Seattle Washington. And I have so many bands that I dearly adore. And about 50 more to check out. I have been really lacking on supporting the community lately because I have had to concentrate on finishing my own album( which goes into production next week, thank you veyr much!) But I look forward to taking some time off and seeing some fo these amazing talents soon. Ape City R&B, Shorthand for Epic, Pleasurecraft, The Levitations, The Limbs, The Invisible Eyes, Brent Amaker and the Rodeo.

The CD release party is set up now. And it is on my birthday. Sorry folks. Oh and if you have never seen thsi scorpio around his birthday be prepared. They seem to get crazier as I get older. And holy crap they get longer too! Last year I talked about my brithday for a month or two beforehand, then a month afterward.

I have always has a crush on songwriting and songwriters. Stephen Marrit of the Magnetic Fields, Mark Eitzel of American Music Club, The Only Ones for Only one song "Another Planet", The Handsome Family for her famiuous songwriting, Lou Barlow for his love songs. Anna Louis Ogden Padget for her disturbingly childish view of sexuality, and dispassionate sexy voice. nina simone for rasing my Ire every time I hear "Peaches". The Softies for srushinglky appopriate way. Mirah for talking about naughty thingsin her songs in the most delightful way! Rosemaery Clooney for her version "C'mon to My House". Louis Prima for existing. and a super big crush for slow down and dirty hip and soul/blues music that brings bodies together of the dance floor.

Right now I have a crush on the intangible. Some sort of success I have never felt. Some memory of a person that I do not know as well anymore as I should. Nostalgic, Sepia toned amber encased acceptance and forgiveness from someone who may never have existed.

:::EDIT:::
I guess that last paragrph would be more pining. a lament. And should be disregarded in the Crush of the week.

-the Staff

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home