Saturday, September 09, 2006

A different scene...

Well, since I make up the rules on this blog, I am going to have a crush on an evening I spent outside of my lttle cap hill microcosm. We rolled with the hip hop crew for a night. I crew I do not usually get invited to roll with.

Wow. A dangerous place for me to go: Tabella's. It is a hip hop club down under the viaduct below Belltown. Serious. There are all of these awesome curvey girl there and i am just o freaking distracted that I cannot even remember to fight my way t the bar and drink. Maybe that is a good thing. Last night. I drank Dom Perignon Champagne for the first time. Apparently because Jayzee wants us all to boycott Crystal. Whay does it seem funnt that one for call for a grassroots boycott of a $300 bottle of champagne? I don't know. Went to the Talib Kwali show at Chop Suey last night. We were priveleged enought to have dinner with him before the show and he seemed like a nice fellow. He went to high school with a good friend of mine and it was fun watching them reconnect! We decided the other amzing line was "it was so out of control that girl were signing each other's t$*ties." I do not even know what that means, but it was hilarious.

The chef of the seafood restaurant we were at was a big fan and he jsut started bring out his best dishes without even asking. The food was devine looking and I was sad that I do not eat fish! So I drank champagne and talked with A&R people. It seemed to be a color coordinated night as well. Everything was yellow black and white to match my new pumas!

The show was sold out and the crowd was super excited to see Talib in such a small venue. It was about 110 degrees and everyone was bouncing up and down and screaming. It was insane energy. and he writes some pretty damn powerful songs. I was impressed. and his backup singers were off the hook.

Tabella's seemed like it was transplanted from another city into seattle. I had been to a hip hop club in Vancouver a couple of weeks before that was much like this one. And I have to say the are serious miami beach! it is all bling and grind. And I kind of like it. You can't jaunt through the crowd without participating. I could decide whether to join in or just soak up as much stimulous a possible. it is a hard decuision whether or not to play Ishmael. Cause the story changes so much from the inside of the bubble.

Anyways. The ladies were lovely and ont eh way out the door some girl totally grabbed my ass in a major way. Figuring she was joking around, I turned back to her and said "yyeeeaaaaahhhh!" and here and her friends were shocked. i could hear them talking about i whilest I walked away. Then they crossed us again and her friend tried to ask if it was ok. I thought it was funny and my firiend said the girl was actually into me. Well I guess it plays to bee's rule that when you are being flirted with most, or even being molested by some hot lady, you will probably play it off as the oblivious one!

i must get back to work!

On the crush note.

I met a woman back stage who was apprently the attorney for the NAACP. she was absolutely gorgious and she wore a dress with brown and orange pattern on it. flutter. and there were about 90-95 girls in Tabella's that I would have gladly made out with. So you can understand why I just had to gloss over the subject for the evening. grrr.

Jeffrey

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home